Suzanne Galvin has over 15 years experience handling product liability, medical malpractice, class action, and commercial litigation. She has defended a variety of clients, including:
- Securities firms
- Nursing homes
- Automobile manufacturers
- Homeowners associations
- Fire protection companies
Suzanne has obtained several notable outcomes in high profile cases. Her successful outcomes include:
- A man in his 20's was severely burned from the waist down when the gas cap came off his motorcycle. Suzanne represented the motorcycle manufacturer in defending the case in the City of St. Louis. Suzanne was able to develop enough evidence to prove the gas cap on the motorcycle at the time of the accident was not the original cap; thus, the case against her client was dismissed on summary judgment.
- Suzanne assisted in representing a doctor who was alleged to have failed to diagnose a heart condition. The plaintiff, in his early 60's, died of a heart attack just six days after seeing his doctor. The case was tried in the City of St. Louis, and the jury returned a defense verdict.
- When a factory caught fire and amassed over $24 million in damages, Suzanne represented the local fire protection company who designed, installed, and maintained the fire protection system. This litigation potentially threatened the future of this local company. After investigating the case, deposing the principals of the companies, and hiring cause and origin experts, Suzanne was able to develop an alternate theory to the cause and origin of the fire. Ultimately, the client paid less than 1% of the original loss. The local company was so pleased with the service provided by Suzanne, they retained Suzanne to recommend the adoption of Risk Management policies and procedures.
- After a trial court issued a "drive by" certification creating a nationwide class of vehicle owners, Suzanne drafted briefs asking the Court to vacate its ruling, arguing the ex parte certification violated the automobile manufacturer's due process rights. The Court granted the Motion, effectively turning a class action case with over $1 billion at issue into an individual claim worth less than $10,000. The case then settled for nuisance value.
Suzanne was formerly Risk Manager of Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, one of the largest and most respected facilities in the nation. Her contacts with doctors and nurses benefit Fox Galvin clients. In addition, Suzanne has served as a board member for numerous civic and charitable organizations, including Legal Advocates for Abused Women ("LAAW"), a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping women and children who are victims of domestic violence. Suzanne has appeared in literally hundreds of hearings in five different Missouri counties; she has never had an Order of Protection denied for a client. She has also taken part in Christian relief efforts, including trips to India, Kenya and Haiti, and has deployed to multiple sites as a disaster relief chaplain.